Friday, April 17, 2009

different mindset: employed vs jobless

I think it is quite natural reaction for people in dire position to expect people in better position to come to their aid. So for people who are retrenched, they will be wondering where are their friends, why are they not showing concerns nor recommending jobs to you. But if they go back in memory lane, have they themselves really bothered much when they still had their job while their friends were out of job? The point i am trying to make is that people generally don't feel the pain until they are in pain themselves. And it is also true that people in a competitive society like Singapore have generally used up all their energy in pursuing their career and personal interest, with little left for family and much less for helping others. I think I can't blame them because I was in the position before. And I am not sure how I will behave after I find a new job. Will I be so caught up in recovering my lost opportunities that I forget about my friends who still do not have a job?

No comments:

Post a Comment